Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Perfect.....Lifes too short to play silly games.

December.

Yes, it's true. It's December....already. Wow, how did that happen? A whole year has passed and this is only my 5th blog. So much for getting on here every month to record my thoughts and events throughout the year!

But hey, as an eternal optimist, my cup is half full. So I say, "well fuck me, I managed to do five blogs for Seeds this year - that's five more than last year - YAY ME!"

Perfect.

What is perfection? 
Is any situation really ever "perfect"?
If your perfection was realised, would you be bored?
Why can't we just be happy with what we have?

So many questions. No straightforward answer. 

Perfection is the ultimate affinity.
Us humans are complex creatures. Always striving for perfection, but always finding it just out of reach. And it got me thinking. It's not perfection we are chasing. It's the thrill of change, of achieving, of challenges, of being alive.

If everything was perfect, what would we have to strive for? What would keep us motivated and challenged to get out of bed every day?

I'm embarking on a new journey. It's definitely NOT perfect. It's a challenge, it's scary, it's tough. I am dragging several people along with me. Some of them kicking and screaming. But in the end, they will thank me. In the end we will all be stronger, happier and better people.

I decided this year, that my journey for perfection had veered off track. I and only I had the power to do something about it. I didn't want to wake up in 10 years as a frumpy nearly 50 year old and think "shit, I've wasted so many years following the wrong path, now it's too late!"

I don't want to be the person who is full of regret and what ifs in life. So I resolved to make changes, tough as they are, so that I can take control of my life and steer my own ship.

Okay, yeah, so I'll never achieve perfection, but I'll have a hell of an interesting and fabulous lifetime of trying!

Merry Christmas to one and all.

May all your dreams come true....just don't expect them to be perfect!

x

1 comment: