Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Puff The Magic Dragon....

So it's May already...(whoops I was actually going to write April, then realised OMG it's actually May!). Where does the time go?

I have strong memories from my youth, of wondering why time passed by so slowly and thinking how a year was an enormous length of time. Days spent wishing the hours, weeks, months, years would pass by faster.....How I wish I could have that time again. Armed with the knowledge and wisdom I now possess, heaven knows what I could have achieved?

Life is like that. Why is it that by the time you gain all this wisdom, that you just don't have the bloody time to use it?

I watched my 3 and 1/2 year old dance and sing along to one of my, and now her, favorite songs this morning - "Puff the Magic Dragon"

She particularly loves this song as she's made a connection between "Puff" and the "real life" dragons that are readily seen in and around our "Dragon City" Bendigo (especially at Easter).

For me, it's special because it takes me back to a time, when there was no deadlines and pressures of daily life...."dragons live for ever, but not so little boys"

It makes me treasure the memories of my past and also makes me take the time to stop and take in the memories that are being created in the present by my very own "Little Jackie Paper's". Because, little boys and girls are not forever, and time passes in the blink of an eye, I now realise.

Put down the camera and video recorder and be part of the memory too. We miss so much of ours and our kids lives by incessantly trying to make a copy of everything.

Make a copy in your memory instead, sometimes...


Cheers
Mrs Big Fella

No comments:

Post a Comment